HYDRAULIC SLIDING SLEEVE
The hydraulically operated sliding sleeve is a tubing-mounted sliding sleeve that allows selective communication between the annulus and tubing without
intervening into the wellbore with conventional coiled tubing or wireline shifting tools. The tool features a balanced-piston design that requires two control lines per sliding sleeve. Application of hydraulic pressure to one line while venting the opposite line provides substantial axial force to either fully open or close the sliding sleeve, depending on which line is receiving pressure. The control lines are connected to the sliding sleeve , clamped along the tubing string, and routed to the surface where they are connected to an appropriate hydraulic pressure source.
Available in 2-7/8″ and 3-1/2″ sizes. Further sizes and special materials upon request.
- Wells that require shut-off of excess water or gas production
- Injection wellbores that require selective isolation for improved sweep efficiencies
- Remote locations that cannot be accessed with intervention equipment
- Subsea or high daily rate platforms where intervention is cost-prohibitive
- Small satellite wells with limited deck space or “footprint” for temporary installation and operation of intervention equipment
- Horizontal or highly deviated wells that require threaded pipe or coiled tubing for sliding sleeve manipulation
- Completions that require the opening and closing of a sliding sleeve but do not allow through-tubing access
- Regions where governmental regulations do not allow the commingling of production fluids from multi-layered reservoirs
- Balanced hydraulic piston;
- Externally testable control-line connections;
- Non-elastomeric seals;
- Large flow area through ports;
- Optimized external geometry;
- Mechanical shift override;
- Bypass of encapsulated control lines;
- Balanced piston allows large axial force to be applied in either direction and eliminates setting-depth limitations.
- Testable connections allow external testing of connections to ensure proper metal-tometal sealing of connectors, enhancing system reliability.
- Non-elastomeric sealing system ensures seal integrity of the system for a longer life cycle in harsh environments.
- Flow area through ports minimizes pressure drops to eliminate the potential for erosion, scale deposition, and production losses.
- External profile optimized to allow maximumflow bypass across hydraulic chamber section when required to bypass sliding sleeve.
- Mechanical shift override allows redundancy in shifting the sliding sleeve in the event the sliding sleeve cannot be opened with pressure applied through control lines.
- Bypass of encapsulated control lines eliminates rig time required to strip lines for bypassing the sliding sleeve while maintaining maximum protection of the control lines.